Recipe Journal Inspo + FREE Fruits & Veggies Printable
Hi loves! It's Kate from @journalwithkate on Instagram!
As an Archer & Olive Design Team member I've accumulated a lot, and I mean a LOT of bullet journals! Shout out to Archer & Olive! I'm living the bullet journal addict's dream!! I've been thinking...I have to think of ways to fill these journals other than regular bullet journaling. I've been scrolling through Pinterest for some inspo and came across several recipe spread. What a great idea!! Think of it....if you keep a Recipe Journal, there will be a day that you'll get to pass on the recipe journal to the next generation. The next generation will pass it on to the next and so forth. A unique cook book in bujo form!
I decided to start my own bullet journal cook book, especially because I have so many recipes from my grandma, my mother and my mother in law, written down on loose pieces of paper. This is the perfect way to organize all my treasured recipes!
I started by creating two mock up spreads to test out some ideas and I LOVE how it turned out! In this blog I'm sharing the two mock up spread with you!
I've created the two mock up spreads with the following supplies:
- Archer and Olive Notebook: Here I'm using the B5 Morning Sun dot grid notebook. It's bigger than the usual A5. Perfect if you find yourself needing more planning space. Click on this link or use code KATE10 to save money on your order! These notebooks are perfect if you’re looking for pages that don’t ghost or bleed!
- Pencil and eraser: I used a pencil and an eraser to sketch out the designs.
- Fineliners: I used the Copic Multiliner in the sizes 0.05 and 0.8 for the borders and 0.05 for outlining.
- Coloring: I used my favorite markers: my beloved Copic markers!
- Fountain pen: I've used a Ferris wheel Press fountain pen to write down the recipes.
Watch this video to see how I created these recipe spreads.
Fun fact: after creating the pancake spread I was really craving pancakes, so I took a break and made myself some!!
Download a FREE Fruits & Veggies printable here! You can either use it as a coloring page or a reference page! Either way, have fun!
I've shown you two recipe mock up spreads. I hope you find this blogpost helpful and you'll start creating your own Recipe Journal! I'd really love to see what you create, so tag me (@journalwithkate) and @archerandolive on Instagram. Good luck and have fun!