The holiday season has come quickly this year and I am excited to show you three ways you can use the new Acrylograph pens from Archer & Olive in December!
- Acrylograph pens - You can use any pallet you desire. You can find the pallet I’m using here.
- Bullet Journal - Your favorite Archer & Olive design. You can find the journal I'm using in this post here.
- Optional items you will see: ornaments and jars
If you decide to add any of the Archer & Olive goodies to your shopping list, be sure to use code: HOLLY10 for 10% off your order!
Think Outside The Box
When these beautiful Acrylograph pens arrived, I was filled with excitement to test them out any way I could! I’ve been dreaming about these pens, and when they arrived they did not disappoint!
After playing with the beautiful colors in my bullet journal, I knew I had to try them out on other surfaces. And with Christmas quickly approaching, I was in a creative mood!
I started to think outside the box, or bullet journal, and found some fun ways to use these fantastic Acrylograph pens!
Are you ready to try something new with me? Here we go!
This is one thing I look forward to creating every year. My Christmas coloring countdown! I was inspired by @plansthatblossom in the bullet journaling community when I first began bullet journaling. It’s simple to create, and fun to fill in!
I created this countdown with a pencil and a stencil. I drew 25 ornaments using my circle stencil, added lines to make them look like they were hanging off the lettering, and ta-da! Now they are ready to decorate for each day counting down to Christmas!
Here is what mine looks like all filled in using the Cool Fall Acrylograph pallet and a metallic gold gel pen.
Everyone I know likes to see their name on an ornament glistening in the light of the Christmas tree.
I wanted to add a little extra cheer to our ornaments this year and had to give these pens a try!
Here’s how I did it:
- Wipe down the ornament you are using with a damp cloth and dry for a clean surface.
- Select your Acrylograph pen (I found the 3mm tip works best on ornaments)
- Shake the pen well and pump lightly to prime.
- Write on or decorate your ornament to your heart’s desire!
- Let it dry and hang it on the tree!
If you are a crafty person and like to give homemade gifts like I do, I hope you’ll try this!
I like to use jars that are smooth surfaced so they are easy to write on. You can decorate any way you like!
*Use the same steps as listed above to prep your jar/container.
Other Ways To Use Acrylograph Pens At Christmas
There are other ways you can be creative with these pens at Christmas time.
Here are a few final ideas for you to try:
- Decorate plain gift bags
- Create your own gift tags
- Add a personal touch to Christmas card envelopes
- Leave a note for Santa!
- Create beautiful spreads in your bullet journal! Weeklies, monthlies, trackers, etc.
I hope you’ve found some fun inspiration to try this holiday season! If you try them out and share it on social media, be sure to tag me @joyfuljournaler and @archerandolive so we can see your creations!
As a gift to you, I’ve created a free printable for you so you can have fun coloring in a Christmas countdown!
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!