How To Elevate Your Wax Seal Game
Hello there! My name is Annette from @simplypanux (check me out here where I love to share creative projects that have helped my overall wellness and mental health that include decorative planning, digital drawing, watercolor painting, junk journaling, and the endless love of stationery. All this to help inspire you to do the same.)
I am so happy to be here to remind you to communicate the “old school” way. That’s right. Spreading some love and kindness by writing your sweet thoughts on a card to a loved one can go a long way. And best thing about it…the 1st thing they will see on the card is a Bea-u-tiful wax seal to give them a nostalgic feeling. Feel free to throw in a gift for them too. ;)
Here is what you can use:
- Wax Sticks Vintage Stack of Books Wax Seal – Archer and Olive
- Wax Seal Stamp (Already Included in link above)
- Glue Gun
- Silicone Mat
- Adhesive Sticker Dots
- Greeting Card Gratitude Card - Printable – Archer and Olive
- Envelope - very important! to apply wax seal to
- Acrylograph Pens Acrylograph Pens Jewel Collection 3.0 mm Tip – Archer and Olive
- Dried Flowers
- Gold Paint Pen
These are OPTIONAL, but Of course I am giving you Gift Ideas (showcased in this blog):
- Planner Undated Planner: Black Faux Leather – Archer and Olive
- Notebook - Add a personal touch by hand drawing on them.
- Bookmark- Personalize them with friend’s name and cute chiffon ribbon
- Get Well Basket- Get creative with it! I made cookies and grabbed a cute plant & tea.
***Shop more of Archer and Olive’s beautiful products by clicking this link and don’t forget to use my Affiliate Code simplypanux for a sweet discount of 10% off ***
Wax Seals Sticker Option:
– I have included a PDF of my full recipe on making the perfect wax seal sticker below. Make sure to save it in your DIY Stationery Archive for future reference.
A very classy way, if I do say so myself ;), of elevating your wax seals is by adding a not so subtle highlight to it. In order to achieve this, you will need a paint pen. You can use any paint pen you prefer. I like the gold tone with the green wax seal sticker I made. Allow me to show you in the picture below.
How to Highlight Your Wax Seals:
- Shake the paint pen well and pump lightly to prime.
- Grab a wax seal sticker by the center and paint edges carefully. A little paint on your fingers won’t hurt, but I do suggest having clean hands (Moisturizer-free) so you don’t tamper with the wax seal design.
- Place wax seal on a blank sheet of paper and allow paint to dry.
- Using small tweezers and very light pressure hold the wax seal steady.
- Time to highlight the design of the wax seal with the paint pen. Light pressure is keywhen doing this because all you want to achieve is tracing the design.
- Allow to dry and voila! You got yourself an elevated classy wax seal sticker to pair with your gift.
Wax Seals Wax Stick Option:
Now, as for your card envelope wax seals, I like to use wax sticks with the wick included. Again, trying to not make a mess and no melting equipment is needed.
You can prepare your card envelope by laying a dried flower flat and centered at the edge of the seal flap. Since my wax sticks are green and gold I used dried flowers that were close in the same color tone. Now, this might get a little tricky because you need to hold the envelope with one hand to keep the dried flower in place.
How to Seal Your Card Envelopes with Wax Sticks:
- Carefully light the wick of the wax stick and hold it vertically until you see wax melting on top.
- Hold the wax seal (lit end down) this is about a 20 degree angle. The wax should now be runny.
- Allow wax to run over the edge of your dried flower on the card envelope. Create a pool large enough for your sealing stamp.
- Snuff out the wax stick and carefully place it in a safe area.
- Emboss with your preferred wax seal stamp and allow to cool.
- Reveal the beautiful design by lifting the wax seal stamp.
**Please don’t worry if the wax seals aren’t perfectly round. The different shapes add that old school vintage vibe to them that makes them unique.
So there you have it. 2 options for elevating your wax seals. They will make the perfect pair for your gifts on any occasion. Use them all year round!
I truly appreciate the time you spent reading this blog today and hope you found this helpful.
If you have any questions or just want to share your old school way of communicating, please make sure to comment below.
When you recreate these wax seals and follow the instructions on my Wax Seal Sticker Recipe (because it’s just too fun to pass on) please tag me on Instagram. My handle is: @simplypanux ᴀɴɴᴇᴛᴛᴇ | ᴘʟᴀɴɴᴇʀ & ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ (@simplypanux) • Instagram photos and videos