Summer Cocktail and Mocktail Recipe Ideas + FREE Printable
Hey-lo! It's Marsha from Do You Salut! Today we're going to explore some cocktails and mocktail recipes to get you ready to soak up the sun!
- Dot grid notebook from Archer and Olive (I'm currently using the B6 journal from the 1st Mythical Creatures Subscription box as my recipe book).
- Acrylograph Pens ( 0.7mm- I'm using colors from the Mythical Creatures and Journey subscription boxes)
- Sakura White Gelly Roll 08 pen
- Pencil and eraser
(If you want to get anything at Archer and Olive don't forget to use my code SALUT10 to receive 10% off your A&O order!)
As the weather gets warmer and the world starts to open up, don't forget to always take safety measures. Stay hydrated and know your limits when it comes to alcoholic beverages! Now let's get to mixing!
Lavender French 75
French 75 cocktail will forever hold a special place in my heart. This was one of the signature cocktails provided at my wedding. This was the bride's special cocktail. Every time I think of this cocktail I think about my wedding.
- 2 oz lavender gin
- 2 oz champagne
- 3/4oz simple syrup
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice
- Pour gin, lemon juice, simple syrup into shaker
- Shake for about 20 seconds
- Pour into champagne glass
- Garnish with lemon twist
Lychee Jasmine Iced Tea
I absolutely love iced tea! It's usually my drink of choice year round. This lychee jasmine tea is a great aromatic beverage that you can enjoy with or without a twist.
- 4 oz jasmine tea (home-brewed)
- 2oz lychee juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- juice from 1/2 a lemon squeezed
- Brew jasmine tea at home
- Add tea, juice, and sugar into shaker
- Shake it!
- Pour over ice
*If you want a twist you can also add 2-3oz of whisky.*
Blueberry Watermelon Fauxrita
Watermelon is an integral part of summer (well for me at least). This blueberry watermelon fauxrita (margarita without a twist) can also make for a great smoothie. It's absolutely refreshing.
- 1 medium watermelon (diced)
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- 2 tablespoon honey
Blend watermelon, blueberries, and ice
Add honey and lime juice and blend again
Pour into a cup
Add sparkling water and stir
Who doesn't love a nice glass of sangria! I once took a Spanish cooking class in Spain and my teacher told me the key to good sangria is to have fun and drink! So here's one of my favorite sangria recipes.
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 orange, peeled, sliced and diced
- 1 pear diced
- 3 tablespoon of sugar
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup of white rum
- 1 bottle of Pinot Noir red wine
- Add fruit and sugar into pitcher and muddle for about 45 seconds
- Add orange juice and rum into pitcher.
- Muddle for about 30 seconds
- Add wine and stir!
- Taste and adjust with rum, fruit or orange juice as needed.
The idea of making sangria can be a bit intimidating because the possibilities are endless. I've created a printable to help guide you DIY sangria.