100+ Guided Journaling Prompts For Your Mental Wellness Bullet Journal
We all hear about the benefits of journaling. So you vow to give it a go, sit down with your journal and your pen.... and... you don't know what to write. This is such a common issue, and the fact is for so many people stream of consciousness journaling (writing what comes into your mind) doesn't come easily, and will never work for everyone. Therefore, a great place to start with journaling is with guided journaling.
Guided journaling simply provides you with with some direction with relation to the writing content (e.g, write about how you feel when X, or write about a time when you felt happy). Therefore, when you sit down to journal you don't get paralysed by not knowing what to write, and instead you can turn to your prompt list and get started.
Supplies For Guided Journaling
- Archer and Olive Journal – The lovely and thick pages have no bleeding or ghosting, so you get a clean start for journal page! I particularly recommend the new Spring Collection!
- Pen – Your favorite pen to journal with. Something that flows well!
- Decorative Touch (optional) – This could be anything from stamps to acrylographs, or of course, nothing!
Guided Journaling Prompts
And without further ado, lets get into some prompts you can use. Feel free to pick out ones that speak most to you, or work through the whole list, it's completely up to you!
1. Write about a time you felt happy
2. What do you want to get out of journaling?
3. What is your favourite self-care activity?
4. What is something you don't do enough of?
5. Write about one of your short-term goals
6. Who do you the trust most? Talk about them and why.
7. What part of the day do you most enjoy?
8. What three things you are you most grateful for
9. What was something that made you smile today
10. What are your career ambitions?
11. What is your favourite book? Why?
12. What values do you consider most important in life
13. Talk about some hobbies you want to try. List at least three!
14. What is one thing about yourself that you would change if you could.
15. What is one thing about yourself that you would never change!
16. What is your biggest ever achievement?
17. What is something you have changed your opinion on in the past? What led you to change that opinion?
18. What is your biggest fear?
19. What is your favourite positive affirmation and why?
20. What was something you missed during the pandemic?
21. What is something you learnt during the pandemic?
22. Describe your perfect day
23. Which is your favourite season? Why?
24. What are five things that make you happy?
25. What is your favourite outdoor activity?
26. What are five things that inspire or motivate you.
27. What career did you want when you were younger? Did you pursue that?
28. Do you make time for yourself each day? If so, how? If not, how can you start to do this?
29. If you could go back and give your 15 year old self one piece of advice, what would it be?
30. Which is your favourite holiday/tradition? Why?
31. What is something you want to achieve in the next 5 years.
32. How are your goals similar and different to your goals from 5 years ago?
33. If you didn't have to ever worry about money, what would you do tomorrow?
34. Talk about three people in your life you are grateful for.
35. How can you be more creative in everyday life?
36. What are some ideas for getting out of your comfort zone?
37. Who are three famous people you admire. Why?
38. What do you most look forward to in the future?
39. What is your favourite movie? Why?
40. Are you different or similar to your parents/guardians? In what ways?
41. Dear past me . . .
42. What are three things you value most in a friend?
43. Do you feel judged by others around you?
44. How much do you use social media? Does it effect you at all?
45. What is one area of your life you would like to improve? How could you do that?
46. What was your first job? Does it differ from what you are doing now?
47. When was the last time you took a break from work? What do you like to do on your days off?
48. Do you put yourself or others first in situations?
49. What can you learn from your mistakes?
50. What is your favourite quote?
51. Do you think you are a spontaneous person? Would you change that about yourself in any way?
52. How do you feel when making big decisions?
53. Are you an extravert or an introvert? How does that impact your daily life?
54. What are your greatest strengths? Talk about at least three!
55. Describe your perfect morning.
56. What's the scariest thing you have ever done? How did it turn out?
57. How would you describe yourself?
58. What is something that makes you laugh?
59. What is something you can do today that you couldn't five years ago?
60. Did you enjoy school? Why?
61. What things do you like to do to relax?
62. What is one of your long-term goals?
63. When would you like to achieve your main long term goal? And what can you do now to ensure you do?
64. Do you worry about money? How does that effect your day to day life?
65. Who are three people in your life you admire. Why?
66. What is one of your earliest memories?
67. What do you want to accomplish most in life?
68. List at least ten words to describe yourself
69. What is something you want to say to yourself five years in the future.
70. What is something you are procrastinating on? Can you make a plan to do it?
71. What are three things you value most in a partner?
72. Describe your perfect evening.
73. What are your favourite hobbies?
74. What is something you regret not doing? Can you still do it?
75. Who do you turn to when you need someone to talk to?
76. What makes you feel calm?
77. Write about how you are feeling today.
78. What is something you love about yourself?
79. What was your favourite subject in school?
80. Are you open with your feelings? How do you express them to those you care about?
81. What is your favourite song?
82. Do you like to be in control or go with the flow?
83. What is something you regret doing? How did it impact who you are now?
84. Dear future me . . .
85. What is something you would love to say to someone you have lost?
86. What emotions do you feel the most?
87. What are three of your favourite smells? What do you they make you think of?
88. How do you respond to a crisis?
89. What do you do when you feel sad?
90. What is your favourite place to visit?
91. Describe your perfect date night (with a partner/friends/family).
92. Something you've done that you previously thought you couldn't
93. Favorite summer activities
94. What parts of daily life cause stress or sadness? Can you change those occurrences?
95. Do you ask for help or support when you need it?
96. What is an assumption people always seem to make about you?
97. What is something you loved to do as a child?
98. What do you do when you feel bored?
99. What is something you learnt this week?
100. What id something that makes you unique?
101. What is something you are good at?
102. What are the words you need to hear most right now?
Want to keep these prompts close by? Download and print this prompt sheet!
Hope these prompts help you get stuck in with your journaling! Remember to tag me at @archerandolive @archerandolive.community or with #archerandolive on Instagram so I can see your progress!